Ah, the holidays—the time of year when we can indulge in all sorts of delicious treats, including cookies! But what if you could enjoy cookies all year round? Believe it or not, there are actually a few cookie-centric holidays that you can celebrate throughout the year. These incredible cookie holidays are a great way to enjoy some of your favourite treats or even gift them, no matter the season.
1. Macaroon Day
For macaroon lovers, this day is for you! On May 31st, National Macaroon Day begins, giving coconut lovers a good excuse to stock up on macaroons and enjoy them all day long (and for as long as you want). You can sit back and relax, enjoying wonderful macaroons while thanking the Italians for coming up with this wonderful snack and dessert!
2. Chocolate Chip Cookie Day
There's National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day on August 4th. This holiday celebrates the classic chocolate chip cookie, and it's a great excuse to try out new recipes or just enjoy some of your favourite store-bought treats. If you're looking to switch things up, try making some oatmeal, gingerbread, or peanut butter cookies instead.
3. Oatmeal Cookie DayIf you're a fan of crunchy cookies, then you'll be pleased to know that National Oatmeal Cookie Day is around the corner on April 30th. This holiday celebrates the traditional oatmeal cookie, and it's the perfect time to experiment with new flavours and add-ins like dried fruits, nuts, and chocolate chips.
4. Sugar Cookie DayIf you absolutely love the classic sugar cookie, then you'll be excited to hear about National Sugar Cookie Day on June 20th. This holiday is all about celebrating the traditional sugar cookie, and it's a great excuse to get creative with your baking. Try adding different flavours and colours to your sugar cookie dough, or top them with your favourite icing and sprinkles.
5. National Cookie DayThen, there's National Cookie Day on December 4th. This holiday celebrates all types of cookies, so it's the perfect time to make a variety of different cookie recipes. From chocolate chips to oatmeal to sugar, you can indulge in all of your favourite cookies on this day. Of course, since it is Christmas, why not enjoy tasty Christmas-themed gingerbread cookies to celebrate this wonderful holiday?
6. National Brownie DayBrownies? They're not cookies, right? While that's true. However, if you think about it, a brownie can become a cookie, depending on how you bake it. After all, they're essentially made from the same ingredients. Plus, who doesn't like brownies anyways? If you're a big fan of both brownies and cookies, though, then there's always the brookie, which is the perfect in-between between the cookie and the brownie. Give them a try on December 8th, which is National Brownie Day, and we promise that you'll love it!
As you can see, if you're a fan of cookies, you're in big luck! There are plenty of days throughout the year dedicated to celebrating all things cookie-related. From National Cookie Day on December 4th to National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day on August 4th, you can find a day to celebrate your favourite type of cookie. And luckily for you, there are way more days than what we've shared. So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and enjoy wonderful cookies all year long!
Molly's Bakehouse offers a large variety of sweet and tasty biscuits for any occasion. If you are looking for tasty bespoke biscuits, check out what we offer!